The electronic headquarters of the Council of Tenerife has been designed with the goal of enabling all people to browse its contents without encountering access difficulties.
The accessibility policy we apply is in line with the requirements of the Royal Decree 1494/2007, of November 12, approving the Regulation on the basic conditions for access by persons with disabilities to the technologies, products and services related to information society and social media.
Compliance with standards
The pages of this website comply with the AA rating according to UNE 139803:2012 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). All the requirements of the Level A and Level AA have been tested and corrected by a semi -automatic analysis of accessibility through different tools.
Measures to improve accessibility
- Logical order of presentation of the elements on the screen and the contents in the code.
- Use of the W3C standards:
- HTML5 and CSS3 grammar
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 level AA)
Design and layout
Following the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) that directly affect this part of development:
- Separation of content and presentation using style sheets.
- Use of methods that allow resizing of text and fluid designs.
- Control of colour contrast.
For ease of navigation, all website documents maintain a similar structure that includes the same elements.
In the header of each page there is a section of utilities that includes links to:
- Home page
- Contents of the Website
- Suggestion box
- Different languages of the portal
In the footer of each page there is a section of utilities that includes links to:
- Contact us
- Addresses and telephone numbers
- Legal notice
- Headquarters services
- Bulletin board
- Verification of electronic documents
- E-mail advice
- Verification of electronic certificates
- Official date and time
- Links of interest
- Authority portal
- Official Gazette of the Province
- Public employment
- Contractor profile
The headquarters has a search engine always present in the header.
On all pages of the website, except on the cover page, the mechanism known as breadcrumbs is present. Its purpose is to situate the user in the context of the portal, indicating a possible route from the initial page to the final page.
The website should provide access to the main sections and utilities of the portal by using keyboard shortcuts.
- 0. Home page
- 1. Headquarters information
- 2. Headquarters services
- 3. Processes and services
- 4. Personal area
- 5. Transparency portal
- 6. Electronic invoice
The use of access keys depends on the browser:
- Internet Explorer: ALT+ shortcut. ENTER
- Firefox: ALT+ Uppercase + shortcut
- Google Chrome: ALT + shortcut
- Opera: Uppercase + ESC + shortcut
- Safari: CTRL + shortcut
Some documents may not be accessible. If you have problems downloading or reading documents published on our website you may request a copy in the format that you require, whenever possible, by directing your request to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.